From the Archive: A Place to Live



[September 2012, originally posted on Expose.]

A picture of the place you want to spend the most time.

I don't think I can find a photo, mine or otherwise, that would portray where I want to spend the majority of my time. Instead, I will attempt to paint you a picture...


With wide, sweeping strokes, the lightest of white, pearly and somewhat translucent, would be the light of life.

I want to live in the light.

Sweet hues of light blue, lavender and pink represent freely given friendship and acceptance.

I want to live with acceptance and true, unconditional love.

Splashes of bright colors - yellow, orange and green - punctuate the days with new experiences and things to learn.

I want to live in a place where new ideas are embraced and fresh opportunities are welcomed.

Deep and comfortable darker hues find their way onto my canvas; soft brown and warm burgundy...deep turquoise and emerald green. All these speak of the abiding feeling of home and belonging.

I want to live in a place where I belong.

Dark accents of black only add to the definition of the place I want to spend the majority of my time. Clearly defined boundaries of right and wrong give life purpose and meaning.

I want to live in a place where righteousness, justice, and love rule the day.

What a painting. Yeah, that's where I want to spend the majority of my time.
It could be just a dream, but hope springs eternal...at least it does for me.


Comments

Ari C'rona said…
I think you've arrived, my friend. <3