Grateful Friday


I'm grateful for sunshine and checking things off the do-list.

I'm grateful for people of high moral character.

I'm grateful for healthy, personal boundaries.

I'm grateful for smiles and laughter, the hand that passes the tissue box and a shared moment between strangers in the checkout line.

I'm thankful for photography and music. For writers and people who do it better than I do. I'm so grateful for the ability to see my weaknesses and to do something about them.

I'm grateful for the option of homeschooling, for voting and for driving at any time of the day or night without passing through checkpoints.

I'm grateful for the off-button on the television, the channel changer on my radio and option to wear whatever I deem appropriate for me.

I'm grateful I'm not under severe judgment, and for the fact that I do not live today attempting to please those who refuse to be happy.


I'm grateful for computers, people who know how to fix computers and for all those that have made it all possible for the average person to own one in their home.

I'm grateful for stores that don't gouge their customers with unfair prices, for store employees that actually believe in customer service and for times when businesses give the customer a break.

I'm thankful for idealists who set the bar high for all us realists and cynics.

I'm thankful for things and services that work the first time...just the way they are supposed to.

I'm thankful for good days, laughter which mends the heart, people who understand and care and for that deep breath of fresh air as you step outside on a sunny, spring day.




The minute a man ceases to grow, no matter what his years, 
that minute he begins to be old.
~William James

If wrinkles must be written on our brows, 
let them not be written upon the heart. 
The spirit should never grow old.
~James A. Garfield

Those who love deeply never grow old; 
they may die of old age, but they die young.
~Benjamin Franklin

I'm not interested in age. People who tell me their age are silly. 
You're as old as you feel.
~Henri Frederic Amiel


So...what are you grateful for this week?

Comments

Ari C'rona said…
That is one awesome video! Yes, you can do it, and I can do it.

I'm thankful for professionals who are available and truly helpful.

I'm grateful for the smart young woman who helped me get my new computer organized.

I'm grateful for an opportunity to bless one who is now gone.

I'm grateful for those I love who accept me just the way I am yet urge me to be more and better than I am right now.

I'm grateful to the One who orchestrates every aspect of life, from the greatest to the most minute.
Kaaren said…
I am thankful for skilled surgeons; the Lord's hands.

I am thankful for a patient family; my slaves now. Jacob my son especially, since the hubby works nights.

I am thankful that I can (kind-of, sort-of) overlook the mess my house is becoming because I can sit back and heal.

I am thankful for lots and lots of library books.

I am thankful for a boss who had my work network set up at home, when other people in my same position can't do that.

I am thankful for Scottish Fine Soaps. My boss (a Scot) had them airmail me get well lotions from Scotland. Gardener's Therapies, Arboria and Poetica; Oh My Word! So awesome, I may never use anything else.

I am thankful for health insurance.

I am thankful for a corporate office (Tukwila!) who sends flowers and emails asking me how I am doing and to take my time.

I am thankful for my (ex) in-laws.