Grateful Friday


I'm thankful for Sweetarts.

That's right, Sweetarts, the candy. They are sorta like life.

They are sweet and tart at the same time, somehow allowing us to appreciate one because of the other.

They can be hard and rather crunchy for the most part, but sometimes there is a soft one that urges you on to eat the next, hoping it will be another perfect soft one.

Color doesn't seem to matter when it comes to Sweetarts. Oh sure, you can say you like the pink ones or the blue ones, but in actuality, they all kinda taste the same...after all, the different colors were all made to be together in the same box.

You always remember Sweetart goodness with a smile, never the dreaded Sweetart-tongue due to over-indulgence.


Alright, that's enough of the life analogy this morning...haha! Onto more gratefuls on this very rainy Pacific Northwest morning...

I'm grateful Laura is home from the hospital, and is recovering well. Praise the LORD!

I'm grateful for awesome conversations I was honored to have with Patty. I praise the LORD for her in my life.

I'm grateful for all the beautiful souls I met at the University of Washington Medical Center; all the sweet nurses, the smiling staff at the nurses station who validated our parking tickets, and especially the wonderful man at the parking garage. I loved talking to the fellow patients walking the hallways, the janitor who I had a conversation with in the gift shop and the cashier in the cafeteria that didn't overcharge me for my lunches.

I'm grateful for the prospect of schooling (never thought I'd type that!).

I'm grateful for new possibilities and opportunities for my kids.

I'm grateful for late night phone calls.

I'm grateful for Speeder and it's new brakes.

I'm grateful for frozen chicken in the freezer.

I'm grateful for modern pharmaceuticals, and the day I didn't have to take them anymore.

I'm grateful for a spontaneous smile and wave.

I'm grateful for text messaging...what a lifesaver.

I'm grateful to have found my old college transcript.

I'm grateful for well-wishes, how-are-you-doings and offered prayers.

I'm grateful for the motivation to start new craft projects.

I'm grateful for a sweet thank you from Pastor Dean.

I'm grateful for pens that work and sticky notes when they are right at my fingertips.

I'm thankful for thank-you cupcakes.

I'm thankful for my brain.

I'm thankful for a really cool conversation with Bob.

I'm thankful for hugs and full-on kisses (they are most holy!).

I'm thankful for shoes on sale for exactly what I wanted to spend.

I'm thankful for wi-fi at the hospital and at Life Center.

I'm thankful to sing in the choir and for the beautiful souls in the choir - what a privilege to be a part.

I'm thankful for music...again! What a miracle and a gift.

I'm thankful for blogging.

I'm thankful for the sweet flowers brought to the hospital.

I'm thankful for my reading glasses...definitely a must, now.

I'm thankful for the encouragement, support and love of those the LORD has placed in my life.

I'm so, so very thankful for the journey.

So...what are you grateful for this week?

Comments

Ari C'rona said…
I'm thankful for long drives and long walks when I need them.

I'm thankful for my camera.

I'm thankful for clear answers to prayer even when they're hard to hear.

I'm thankful that I don't have to walk this journey alone.

I'm thankful for love.