Finally, Grateful Friday!

Well, here it is Friday afternoon, and I still haven't posted my weekly Gratefuls. Aahh!

Alright, so here it goes:

I'm grateful for the help of friends! Once again they pulled my shebs out of the fire and came up with a wonderful list of things for which they are grateful...I can't even begin to say how blessed I am to have such beautiful, loving friends.

I'm grateful for reminders - darn good reminders.


I'm grateful for our time in Yachats, Oregon. (me, too!) I'm grateful that G-d made a way to get away for some much needed rest and that He kept us safe - Praise the LORD!

I'm grateful for our one day of sunshine. (Y'know, the pharmacist was talking to me about that...he was encouraging me, and himself, to just hang on - summer is coming!) I'm grateful that the days are getting longer!

I'm grateful for a long talk with a dear friend.

“Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.”
~Frederick Buechner

I'm grateful for peanut butter cookies...and iced tea-n-lemonade, and awesome pizza, and trail mix with peanut brittle in it...

Continued employment - by the grace of HaShem! I thank Him for His generous and merciful provision.

So grateful for employers that allow working from home on Fridays.

Healthy friendships; they never can be underestimated and are truly a gift of our LORD.



“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
~Dalai Lama

I'm grateful for internet (oh, yeah! After being without suddenly, I quickly was begging for it to be restored! I pray that the LORD bless Steve and Sally Jo at Comcast...can those really be their real names?)

We are all so blessed with good food to eat, warm and safe shelter, clean water and soft beds to sleep in.

Lack of snow!!

This morning I was humming a song that we learned at summer camp -- yes, that was 40 years ago. Can I be thankful for camp songs? It made for quite an interesting Google adventure! (Yes, this definitely qualifies as a grateful!) "We are thankful for days and the joys that they give us, For nights and the rest that they bring ..."

“Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation.”
~Henry Ward Beecher



Oh so grateful for growth, self-awareness and discernment. May our LORD continue to cause us to stretch and grow in new and beneficial ways, all for His glory.

I am so very grateful for good medical insurance - you never know when you are going to need it.

I am grateful for a clean desk and helpful sons.

I'm grateful for a meaningful and growing adult relationship with my daughter.

I'm grateful for a purring cat.

I'm grateful when I can enjoy my pets and not smell them.

I'm grateful we haven't been audited by the IRS in our almost 20 years of marriage.

I'm grateful, oh so grateful for our new furnace. It's actually warm in the house!

“It is lack of love for ourselves that inhibits our compassion toward others. If we make friends with ourselves, then there is no obstacle to opening our hearts and minds to others.”

I'm grateful for acceptance.

I'm grateful for compassion.

I'm grateful for knowledge and the gift of wisdom.

Most of all, I'm grateful for love.

What are you grateful for this week?

Comments

Netanya said…
I am thankful , oh so very thankful, for the hand picked friends Hashem has blessed me with. Without them, my life would not be what it has become or will be, and I would not be who I am or someday will be.
Ari C'rona said…
I'm grateful for blog posts that inspire and cause me to think outside myself.