Grateful Friday

I'm grateful my hubby always remembers me
on a certain day in February...

I'm grateful that Miss Marilyn returned home safely.

I'm grateful for times of heartfelt worship.

I'm grateful when my jeans fit...and when someone says my hair looks cute.

I'm grateful for friends who care about the details.

I'm grateful for texting - I never thought I'd use it, but sometimes it's a lifeline.

I'm grateful that this time won't last forever.

I'm grateful for shared memories and sharing memories.

I'm grateful for Zumba...it's good to be humble.

But oh! the blessing it is to have a friend to whom one can speak fearlessly on any subject; with whom one's deepest as well as one's most foolish thoughts come out simply and safely.  Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.  
~Dinah Craik, A Life for a Life, 1859

I'm grateful for a good conversation with a neighbor.

I'm grateful for my heat dish.

I'm grateful for cheap prices at WalMart.

I'm grateful for modern over-the-counter medication like ibuprofen and antacid.

I'm grateful that there are people that want me and need me.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to spend time with good friends for erev Shabbat.

I'm grateful for beautiful sunrises that come up behind Mt. Rainier.

I'm grateful that my husband and I respect each other.

I'm grateful for our washer and dryer - we take so many of our modern conveniences for granted.

I'm grateful for simple things...like small, smooth rocks still in my pocket from the last time I was at the beach and hot coffee in the morning.  I'm grateful for good morning greetings and good night kisses.  I'm grateful for a cat on my lap and wet-nosey love from my dog.  I'm grateful for music and that my car still runs.  I'm grateful for life and memories and love.  I'm so grateful.

What are you grateful for this week?

Comments

Ari C'rona said…
I'm grateful that HaShem made you who you are, my friend. I am blessed beyond words...

I'm grateful for the healing that has begun in me this week - thank you, Larry.
Anonymous said…
I'm grateful for you faithfully posting your Grateful Friday blog each and every Friday--it causes me to reflect on what I am grateful for.

I'm grateful for the beautiful sunrise in my rear-view mirror, with twisted clouds obscuring the summit of Mount Rainier, and a spectrum of vibrant, warm colors painting the eastern sky over the Cascade mountains. I'm thankful for such moments.

I'm grateful that I was able to drive home Wednesday evening through a snow shower of big fat snowflakes without having to worry about slippery roads.

I'm grateful for good friends that I can spend Erev Shabbat with.

I'm grateful that each day there is a little bit more daylight to enjoy.

I'm grateful for my job, and the opportunity to use my skills and abilities for a constructive purpose.

I'm grateful for my wigged-out cat.

I'm grateful for my alarm clock that goes off faithfully every morning, jerking me back to reality from dreamland.

...and there is so much more that I am grateful for.
Kaaren said…
I am grateful for a husband who left work early this week when I was having a very rotten, horrible few days, to listen to me rant and cry.

I am grateful for good books to read.

I am grateful for chocolate. :)

I am grateful for my sister & her husband finally getting pregnant.
Mama Cache said…
I am thankful for little boys -- they ask the most wonderful questions ever!

Questions that make me laugh
Questions that take me to places I never dreamed I'd go
Questions that make me think
Questions that make me pray
Questions that make me happy to be a mom
Questions that make me wish he didn't have to grow up