Grateful Friday

my favorite PostSecret, artist unknown


I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.  
~Mother Teresa

I'm thankful again for the opportunity to serve others - the LORD brings these souls into our lives, and I'm always honored to be able to be His hands and feet, even if I'm flawed.

I'm grateful that when I couldn't breath this morning, early, that some tylenol and emergen-c was helpful, along with sitting up for a bit.  (I'll be so grateful when this cold passes!)

I'm grateful that no trees came down in the torrential rain that hit Monday night. 

I'm grateful for the constant companionship of my cats...yes, constant.

I'm grateful for encouragement.

I'm grateful for the talents that the LORD has given me.

I'm grateful that Padawan bought us a new toy - a tomtom GPS!  Fully equipped, no less, with the voice of Darth Vader!  That makes this Jedi very, very happy.  (...and I'm grateful for all the loyal service we received from "Grumpy Karen" - may her memory be blessed!)

I'm grateful for things that make me laugh...like Tim Hawkins and Bugs Bunny.

I'm grateful for a wonderful dentist office and that they were able to find a colorful retainer box for my princess...some things are just necessary!

I'm grateful for the telephone - sometimes it's a lifeline.

I'm grateful for walk-in medical clinics; so thankful that we are pretty healthy and don't need to utilize physicians often.

I'm grateful for portable heaters.

I'm grateful for friends that bring me recorded teaching - it keeps my mind sharp!

I'm grateful that my husband won't lose his sight due to Shingles.

I'm grateful for medicine that will ease his discomfort from said Shingles.  I'm also grateful for the vast information contained on the internet so I can learn more about the Shingles virus.  (I'm not so grateful for sustained negative stress, however - it's a bad thing.)

“Never cease loving a person, and never give up hope for him, for even the prodigal son who had fallen most low, could still be saved; the bitterest enemy and also he who was your friend could again be your friend; love that has grown cold can kindle.”
~Soren Kierkegaard

I'm grateful for sunshine this morning.

I'm grateful that my son is capable of building a fire...a nice warm fire.

I'm grateful for my eyesight that can see the beauty all around me, for my fingers that can type my thoughts and for my hairdryer, so my hair doesn't look stupid.

I'm grateful for Chonga bagels from Starbucks - they are the best!!

I'm thankful for these thoughts I woke up with this morning:

Live each day fully, as it may be your last.
Be yourself instead of a imitation of someone else.
Laugh because it is so healing...for everyone.
Love those around you generously - they need it more than you know.


If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.  
~David Carradine


What are you grateful for this week?


Comments