Grateful Friday

I'm grateful we got power back after it being out Monday night through Tuesday morning due to an unexpected windstorm. I love that my friend Netanya called and came over (her power was off, too). I'm so grateful for good friends. I love them so much.

I'm grateful for electricity, obviously.  I'm grateful that none of our trees fell on our neighbor's house during the windstorm!

I'm grateful for good books and the ability to lose myself in a good story with characters that I can aspire to emulate.

I'm grateful for unlimited long distance.

I'm grateful for my Dad and our good friend Connie, and their loving, sincere support of me.

I'm grateful for the excellent training I've received in biblical hermeneutics, scriptural study, first century culture, ancient and modern Judaism and Torah observance.  I wasn't looking for it so long ago, but I am thankful the LORD intended it for me.

I'm thankful for the unexpected surprise of a gift in the mail...A Badge-a-Minit!!  What a thrill!  Thank you, thank you, thank you to my dear friend and benefactor - big hugs to you, Susan!!

I'm thankful for quiet time. So healing and necessary.

I'm thankful for a good friend with which to share the burden of Thanksgiving.  I'm grateful that my Mother-in-Law is coming to visit, as well.

I'm thankful that I have some money to purchase food.

I'm grateful that there are grocery stores that stock food for us to purchase and enjoy.

I'm thankful that my kids had the opportunity to be homeschooled. The relationship we have is invaluable and could only be created by spending so much time together.

I'm grateful for the birds that are happily flitting all about in the trees today - they bring a smile to my face and hope to my heart.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to pray for friends, both near and far.

I'm grateful that time and distance from an unpleasant event brings healing.  I'll be glad when I'm myself again.

I'm grateful that my Mom's remains finally made it home.  I wasn't prepared for how hard it would hit me, though.

I'm grateful for friends, my many good, supportive friends.  They have truly held me up.

I'm thankful that everything, eventually, gets revealed, and that He is always my defense.  Baruch HaShem!


What are you grateful for this week?

Comments