Grateful Friday


I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought;
and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
~G.K. Chesterton

Since my life is consumed completely with the memorial for my Mother (tomorrow), most of my grateful thoughts for this week have been centered around the event.  I am very grateful that my readers are hangin' in there with me despite my being a one-note-nelly during this time.  I have observed that when a close family member dies, the survivors get sucked into a vortex.  So true, so true.

I'm thankful that Kevin got here safely, even with the late plane. She was thrilled to see two Jedi waiting for her at the airport (and so were the curious group of Asian travelers passing by...).

I'm thankful that everything is coming together as well as can be expected.

I'm so very thankful that the sun is out! 

Praise the LORD for His mercies.

I'm grateful that I am getting good sleep at night. It's the small things, y'know.

I'm grateful that the hard pieces of the memorial are done; eulogy, slideshow, program...I was really worrying about whether I'd be able to do those, but G-d is good to me.

I'm so grateful that I am planning a road trip to Astoria! I will definitely be in need of a bit of travel by then - really, really, really looking forward to it!

I'm grateful for time with my dear friend from Louisiana, and for the time spent talking to long-time friends and family that I haven't talked to in years.  That is definitely an upside to bereavement.

I'm thankful for my supportive and loving husband.  I'm also thankful for my children who have been so helpful and sweet during this past couple of weeks.

I'm thankful that my car (Speeder) is running smoothly and that we have the ability to run all the errands that are necessary.

I am grateful for Tim and Paulette and their willingness to drop everything and help me with the service.  It is a great comfort and honor to have them as friends.

I'm ever-grateful for my Dad, who I love beyond words.  I always knew he was something special, but especially now I am blessed beyond words to have a father that deeply loves me and fearlessly shows it.

What are you grateful for this week?

Comments

Stacy Christian said…
"Taps" is supposed to be played one note at a time...very slowly. Take all the time you need.