Grateful Friday


I'm grateful for my parents; the older I get, the more I realize how awesome they are.  This weekend my Dad surprised me by bringing me one of my favorite dishes prepared with kosher meat - how do you like that?  Now, that's love!

my beautiful daughter is in the green plaid
I'm so thankful that my daughter had an absolutely wonderful time at camp this summer.  I am grateful that we are able to send her and that there is such a great place such as Miracle Ranch.  I pray blessings and prosperity for the ranch and all that work there that it can continue to be a place that creates lifelong, sometimes life-changing, memories for so many young people.

I'm thankful for comfy sweats to wear around the house on a drippy, gray day.  And, I'm grateful that I'm not 'on duty' to anyone today, either.  Just a quiet day at home with all three of my children.  How 'bout that?  It's more than enough to be thankful for!

I'm thankful that I have hobbies that capture my interest and enable me to make friends all across the country.

I am grateful that I was able to spend a day this week working in my craftroom. I was thrilled to be able to open up a postal ring* with no restrictions (in answer to recent complaining on the boards) and make some new connections with a few new to postals*. It gave me great pleasure and satisfaction to complete a set of LTCs* for a swap, finish a stamp* for a friend, and have a long, luxurious conversation with a far-away friend on the phone (...as long as we wanted, which was until I hit the wall!). I'm thankful that I'm alive to do those things, and to enjoy them.

I am grateful for my daughter.  It's nice having her back home after her being gone all summer, plus she really keeps the kitchen clean!!  Wow!

I am grateful for memories, as they can be great friends.  I call them 'ghosts' and visit them in various places.  There are ghosts in Cannon Beach that I love to visit (and don't nearly enough) and downtown Seattle... and there are ghosts here local, as well.  I have been visiting some lately that have been very kind and generous, and I'm grateful that we have those memories to remind us of who we were, of people now gone and of times that we truly enjoyed (even if we didn't think so at the time).

I'm grateful for friends, old and new, who accept me the way I am.

I'm ever grateful and thankful that the LORD humbles the haughty and raises the lowly.  That He brings out the captives and frees the humble, and helps the impoverished, and He answers His people when they cry out to Him.

And I am thankful for the beautiful bouquet of flowers that my neighbor sent over...they are simply wonderful!


What are you thankful for this week?

*For the curious, I am a letterboxer.  This interesting hobby includes carving rubber stamps and sending my efforts across the country to other letterboxers, as well as creating artist trading cards called LTC (Letterboxer Trading Cards).  You can find out more about my hobby on my other blog, My H'Art in Rubber.

Comments

Mama Cache said…
* For the curious, she is an awesome letterboxer. I am thankful for those "efforts," as she describes them. If you don't click on that link, you will most certainly miss out.
Ari C'rona said…
Okay, I woke up thinking about what I'm thankful for this week! Too cool!

I'm thankful for learning just a little more about accepting myself as I am and going with the flow this week.

I'm grateful for my challenging, wonderful son. I so like to see him succeed in areas he struggles with.

And, as always, for the Master's constant provision of all I need, from wonderful friends, to that overtime he grants my husband.
Stacy Christian said…
This may sound strange, but I am grateful for David Attenborough. Our family has learned a great deal about God's creation from him (in spite of his evolutionary leanings--which in turn makes me grateful for the ability to discern truth for myself). I'm grateful for the technology that allows him to share his passion with us in such a fantastic way.

I am also grateful for Grandparents who make quiet time for Mommy a reality. :)
Kaaren said…
I am grateful for books to read, coffee to drink and my super-comfy mattress. :)