August 20, 2010

Grateful Friday

I sure am grateful for the SUN, SUN, SUN!!

And the heat, and driving in the car with the windows rolled down and the music up.  I'm grateful that I can sing and don't annoy others too much...

I am grateful for the glorious green trees full of the birds singing and delightful summer flowers that turn up in the most surprising places.

I am grateful that we are close to the ocean - close enough to go and stick our toes in the sand and surf, and enjoy the wind in our hair.

I absolutely love the summer season and thank the LORD for it!

Quote:
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
~Melody Beattie

I'm grateful that I got to hit the beach again today, even though it was 60* and a little misty (so different from a couple of days ago when it was close to 90*!)

I'm so grateful for friends that feel comfortable to call me and ask for help, and that I have the time and ability to help them!

I'm grateful for my daughter who is growing into a beautiful, caring young woman.  She has decided to be baptized tonight at the camp where she has been working (and playing!) all summer.  I thank the LORD that He has been with her and gave her such a wonderful, meaningful time at camp.

I am so thankful and grateful for the beautiful opportunity to sing praise to the Master with friends, both old and new - I am truly blessed beyond measure.

I'm grateful that the LORD of all is in complete control of my life (glad someone is!!).

What are you thankful for this week?

4 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

I'm loving this 'Grateful Friday'! Hey, I'm grateful for it!

I'm thankful for that silly cat of mine - he makes me smile.

And, for those times of worship with others - it's great alone, too, but there's something about being with a group that adds another element.

I am grateful beyond words for my Master. He continually supplies everything I need, takes me through difficult times, and reminds me of His sovereignty in all things.

Just a side note - I love it when you sing in the car when I'm there. :o)

Hendel D'bu said...

oh, where is that *like* button when I need it?! I'm grateful for you, my dear friend :-)

Mama Cache said...

I'm thankful this morning for the meaningful little sounds around me:

• the gentle, constant swoosh of the air conditioner . . . much appreciated in this heat

• the quiet tapping of a nearby keyboard . . . signs of skill building

• the chords of a piano in a not-so-distant room . . . suggesting music in the next generation

• kitchen noises . . . I'm thinking this one is not good . . . I should go!

Stacy Christian said...

Love the quote! Gratitude certainly paints everything with brighter colors.

I am grateful for people who are willing to answer my 62 bazillion questions, and at least feign patience with me.

This year, I am grateful for generous neighbors and reaping the bounty of other people's gardens.