Frustration

We all make choices and live with the consequences.

I am a little frustrated with a situation I find myself a part of currently. While friends come to me for advice, wisdom and a friendly ear to listen, I am not sure that I am the best one for the job. I find myself getting personally involved and affected by the circumstances.

So, in the midst of my frustration, I have to ask myself a question:

Why do people choose to walk into bad situations?

Emphasis on the word 'choose'. Why, when everyone around them can see that they are wading into the landfill with a blind-fold and flip-flops, they proceed to close their ears and mind to the coming danger. Is it that they are just tempting problems to come their way, or are they just really stupid? Do they even want help?

In my experience, the answer to the above three simple questions is no; I believe they are just not thinking things through. However, what irritates me is when all hell breaks loose, they come crying to their friends (who they didn't want to listen to in the first place) for comfort and support. I have a hard time with this approach. Rather selfish and immature, in my view.
I told someone once, who had a situation with a cheating partner, that you get to choose who is in your bed; either quality or trash. Just so happens, they chose trash, and now their life is a living hell. Children are involved, and it's rather ugly. They obviously did not heed the advice they were seeking.

Another situation; dear woman comes out of an abusive situation, only to jump back into one... is she sick? Can she not hear everyone around her telling her to back up and take a good, long look at the wolf in sheep's clothing? I just can't respect someone who blatantly disregards everyone's warnings.

To all this I want to scream, "Grow up!" It has been said that I don't know what it means to be lonely, and that having a mate makes all that go away. That is all a bunch of lies. Everyone has times of loneliness, even when they have a partner/mate/spouse. Get over it. Loneliness never killed anyone, and I'm living proof of that. I think that it can actually grow character.

Ah, character. That's an interesting word. And so is integrity. Adjectives to ponder when making life decisions.

"None of us is completely in control of our heart; we do what we can, what we will, what we must...guided by our ethics and responsibilities. It can be lonely."

So what is a so-called friend to do? Just stand by and watch the carnage?

I will always choose loneliness over the landfill. Unfortunately, I cannot choose that for others.

Comments