Day 7 & 8: The Grandest of Canyons and onto Goodyear

So, have you been to the Grand Canyon? I hadn't been, so this was my first time. I'm so glad we took the Railway Tour...it was fabulous! Here's some pics from our day at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon (Day 7 of the 2013 Roadtrip):


So, you know I took a bazillion pics, right? So very difficult to capture such grandeur, to be sure...


After such fabulous natural eye-candy, we were exhausted. So much so, that I couldn't have possibly have blogged one single pic.

This morning of Day 8, we arose to another gloriously sunny day and a fabulous breakfast buffet at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel; we then headed for the highway and Goodyear, Arizona. We have some pretty incredible friends that live there!

But, before checking into the hotel, we ate at one of the required restaurants for this trip - Cracker Barrel. We don't have them in the Pacific Northwest, so it is quite a treat to go when we get close to one.


Three of us opted for the grilled chicken tender plate, and I chose the salmon patties dinner (which featured PNW Salmon, so the menu said...haha!) Yeah - it was yummy country food.

pic snapped outside the Cracker Barrel - wow!
Yes, it was actually 105* in Goodyear!
Then, it was off to Trev & Lou's. What a fabulous time with their family - their boyz are incredible! But, more pics of that later...

For now, it's time for me to finish my wine and climb into bed. Tomorrow - Lake Havasu!


Comments