Day 13 & 14: Doin' Disney


What does one say about Disneyland?

Even when you say the word, childhood memories may come to mind. Or the movies you were eager to share with your children...or the fact that Disney just bought the Star Wars franchise. Whatever you think of, everyone loves the 'happiest place on earth'!

I took loads of pics during our two days at Disney. Disneyland is on one side and the newer California Adventure is taking up the acreage that used to be the parking lot. Personally, we preferred Disneyland to the newer Cali-Adventure; I think we all just liked the historic wholesome-ness of the older property. The rides didn't look like they were aged, though. Everything was shiny-new and maintained to perfection. Shoot, you couldn't even find any litter...anywhere! The roving talent was top-notch, the rides were every bit entertaining, the thrill rides were thrilling and the shops were engaging and interesting to nose around. I guess I can't say enough good things about Disney.

As for me, it was a bit of a challenge. The heat. The lines. The crowds. Yikes!
So, two days was more than enough for all of us. We were ready to say goodbye at the close of the second day. Yes, we were absolutely wiped - I am not sure my feet will ever forgive me.

Favorites:

  • Star Tours - 3x
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Dole Whip (in fact, all the food was great!)
  • Space Mountain
  • Cinderella
  • The art gallery/shop on Main Street
  • music playing everywhere!
  • It's a Small World
  • Radiator Springs in California Adventure
  • polite, happy "cast members"


Here's a few of the pics I captured - gosh, it was fun to have a camera in my hand!



Comments