A Shavuot Debrief

the one and only pic from this year
I love Shavuot...it's my favorite festival in the cycle. Oh sure, I love Hanukkah, and Pesach is great after all the prep is done, but Shavuot is just plain-ole fun for me. All my faves in one holiday; friends, study, yummy food and staying up all night - who doesn't love all that??

This year we studied each other - ha! Actually, we busted out the personality profiles again and dug deeper, getting to know one another better. Then we moved on to discussion about keeping Torah, following HaShem and how important it is to study ancient culture in relation to the Apostolic Scripture (New Testament).

Come morning, we read Scripture together, more discussion ensued and man, it was great...until folks passed out! This year it was a double Shabbat, so there was no guilt of being lazy all day after our all-nighter!

Wish I would have gotten more pics - like one of Laura coercing everyone to taste Limon-flavored potato chips and Netanya snipin' all the licorice jelly bellies. Or a snap of Lisa passed out sitting up, or Becky and Kit laughing over their personality profiles. Everyone would probably laugh at a photo of me struggling to add up my scores on another work-personality test at an ungodly hour (thanks for checkin' me, Patty!).

What a blessing and an honor to spend this, my favorite time of year, with my bestest friends doing what I love - study!

Baruch ata Adonai Elohenu, Melekh ha’olam, shehekianu,
v’kimanu, v’higianu lazman hazeh.

Blessed are You, Adonai our God, King of the Universe,
who has kept us alive, and has preserved us, and enabled
us to reach this day.

Comments

Ari C'rona said…
I was just resting my eyes... um, I was meditating on what you were discussing... haha! :o)
Netanya said…
I left you some black ones! lol