Biggest Pet Peeve Ever.



Does this happen to you, too?

You follow the link to register for this fabulous web-group-forum-whatever only to have the inevitable happen - you get stuck in a vicious circle of errors, an infinite loop, if you will, of email confirmations, re-registering, re-login, duplicate registrations, the giving of your first-born, bloodletting, yada-yada, infinitum ad nauseum. All you were trying to do was become a member of Train Whistle Lovers.org.

Really?

Ugh.

Can't remember your password?  No worries, just request it, and prove you are not the serial-killer-hacker lurking to get into your audio book club.  Just can't manage to pull out that cutesy username that you made up that one night while laughing on the phone with your girlfriend?  No sweat, just request it to be emailed to you...except that they can't email it to you because that email address is registered to another user.  Oh yeah, that other user is YOU!  Oy!

Now, I can't believe that I'm the only soul on the internet that has had these types of issues.  And I fully understand privacy and security...blah, blah, blah. All I know is it makes me an absolute crazy lunatic when I can't get into my cell phone online account because they think another person just tried to register my cell phone number (it was me, ya dorks!). Or when I'm unable to answer a personal message on the forum I haven't been on in months because they changed their password format and now I need a 20 character password that must include at least one capital letter and needs to change every 15 days. Security, y'know.

AAAAaaahhhh!


Alright, end of rant.
I really am smarter than this silly computer.
I didn't need to be a member of that cool site, anyway.

Comments

Ari C'rona said…
And I thought it was just me not getting into my audio book club! Yes, I completely agree with your rant! Ahhh! :o/
asl4god said…
Oh honey.....You have put to words my frustrations SO many times!!! And....I considered banging my head there.....but opted to not break my screen.....It was mighty tempting though. We're paying bills right now....online...using passwords and screen names....ARGH!!!
JediKai said…
That's why is use an encrypted data wallet. I keep the passwords to hundreds of websites in it. For over 10 years I've used SplashID but have just switched to Keepass, which is free. It also has a number of app versions for phones and tablets. It makes life so much easier.
Thanks, Kai, for the information - I will definitely be looking into that!! Always looking for ways to make things easier...