The Tenth


This year is my tenth year. Shavuot is my absolute favorite of the festival cycle. I enjoy hearing the shofar on Yom Teruah, and I wait all year to read Qohelet in the sukkah. Pesach is a lot of preparation, but oh, is it so worth it. Hanukkah's beautiful candlelight is definitely a bright spot in the dreariness of winter. But it's Shavuot that truly defines festivals for me.

The giving of the Torah.  The ingathering of the Gentiles.
The outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

The all-night study.  The nosh, the sweet fellowship and meaningful worship.

The memories.

My tenth year.  The tenth time I've been privileged to celebrate Shavuot.

I will remember.  And I pray that I have the honor of celebrating many more.

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don’t let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

Comments

Mama Cache said…
Praying that you will have a beautiful night! Love you!