Star Wars Challenge: Week 8

Favorite movie in the original trilogy...


Return of the Jedi.


I love the prequels best.  So sue me. *shrug*

However, ROTJ has some great scenes; Jabba gets iced, Lando is pretty incredible and Leia gets to sport that overly-coveted metal bikini...how can you not like all that?  I have to admit a pretty strong dislike of Ewoks, but a Jedi respects all life forms, right?  I'll get over it.

So, in honor of this week's challenge, I think I'll go plug in ROTJ and enjoy the return of the one who will re-establish the Jedi Order back to it's rightful place in the galaxy and facilitate balance being returned to the Force.

(Gosh, Luke, don't you know the Jedi color is brown, not black...*sigh*  Ah well, that's what happens when you are not trained properly.  Actually, Luke looked more like a Jedi back on Tatooine...)



Ben! Why didn't you tell me? You told me that Darth Vader betrayed and murdered my father.

Your father... was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and "became" Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view.

A certain point of view?

Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Anakin was a good friend. When I first met him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong...

Comments

Rebecca said…
boy was he wrong! At least he tried his best ^.^ Glad to see you public again!
Ari C'rona said…
Oh, yeah, you make me laugh! :o)
Patty Cram said…
ROTJ?? What?? ESB. Wait, hmmm . . Okay, maybe you're right. Such a tough call!! :-)