Shabbat Rest

A meditation of rest.

Rest for our bodies.

Rest for our minds.

Rest for our souls.

By the seventh day G-d had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day He rested from all His work. Then G-d blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done.

So they set out from the mountain of the LORD and traveled for three days. The ark of the covenant of the LORD went before them during those three days to find them a place to rest.

Truly my soul finds rest in G-d; my salvation comes from Him.

Yes, my soul, find rest in G-d; my hope comes from Him.

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength..."

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

LORD, we cry out for Your mercy, grace and peace.

Thank You for hearing the cry of Your people and granting us a time of rest.

Comments