Star Wars Challenge - Week 1

All-time favorite character in Star Wars

My first impulse was to put a pic of Jar Jar Binks...hahaha!  Well, I don't think the terrible things about Jar Jar that some do, but he definitely is not my all-time favorite SW character.  The answer to that question is hands-down...

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Artist rendition of my hero

I know, you're shocked.  *smirk*

OK, he is easy to look at, I concede.  However, there is more than that; his character is more than worth admiring and emulating.  Selfless service to others and acting as the consummate hero is only the beginning for me.  His dedication to what he believes, his self-control and discipline are to be commended, as well.  And, let's face it...he can be pretty witty, as well.  Sarcasm is one of his many, um, gifts, as well as knowing when to keep things to himself.  Well...usually.

"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life-form?

One of my favorite portrayals of my hero is written by Karen Miller.  I believe she has absolutely captured his character and personality without fault.  If you haven't read Wild Space, Stealth and Siege, I would highly recommend them.

"Because I'm a Jedi...accept it."

"Not to worry. We are still flying half a ship."

"Oh well, just another boring day saving the universe."

"You've been a good apprentice, Obi-Wan; and you're a much wiser man
than I am. I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight."  (Qui-Gon Jinn)

"...many of the truths we cling to
depend greatly on our own point of view."

Comments

Granny-Wan said…
Yes! Obi-Wan! Easy on the eyes and very, very wise. Oh, that rhymes... LOL

I've blogged about him many times, he's quite the inspiration.
Ari C'rona said…
*swoon* I still like Qui Gon, but I have to admit Obi Wan is my favorite, too. :o)