January 8, 2011

Shabbat Meditation


“Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the LORD G-d Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.”

- Amos 5:14-15


A Woman Of Strength

A woman of strength,
Has courage to face the day,
And the confidence,
To handle whatever comes her way.
A woman of strength,
Has so much love to give,
And more compassion,
It gives her a reason to live.
A woman of strength,
Can face trouble with more hope,
Face adversity,
Always finding the strength to cope.
A woman of strength,
Can take the bad with the good,
And learn from it all,
With a sense of pride that’s understood.
A woman of strength,
Can conduct herself with grace,
Hold her head up high,
And dignity always has its place.
A woman of strength,
Can face almost anything,
And can look forward,
To what the future will possibly bring…


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. 
I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
~John 14:27








I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.

For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Be exalted, O G-d, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.

~Psalm 57


In G-d, whose word I praise,
in the Lord, whose word I praise—

in G-d I trust and am not afraid.
What can man do to me?

I am under vows to you, my G-d;
I will present my thank offerings to you.
For you have delivered me from death
and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before G-d
in the light of life.

~Psalm 56

4 comments:

Ari C'rona said...

Shabbat Shalom, my dear friend. Thank you. :o)

Jedi-J said...

I am dying to taste the bread again!

Stacy Christian said...

Deuteronomy 33:25 A perennial favorite

Mama Cache said...

Shavuah tov, dear one.