T H A N K S G I V I N G


T hankful, so very thankful, for all the beautiful souls in my life.  

H aving everything that I could ever need; the LORD is our provider and a constant help in time of need.

A nd I will enjoy this holiday even though it is not my favorite.

N ot that I wouldn't absolutely LOVE to be joining my friends Ronnie & Beverly in Israel right about now...

K nowing that even in trials I can learn, love and grow.

S till breathing after dreadful grief - only through the LORD's strength.

G iven new opportunities to meet new friends and sing new songs...what an honor.

I  will never be able to thank our LORD enough for what He has given me.

V ery grateful for my Dad and his unconditional love for me.

I  look forward to a new day, a new year filled with promise.

N ever forgetting where I came from, who I am and Who I serve.

G ood Thanksgiving to all my readers!  My love and friendship to you and yours on this day of gratitude.

Then was our mouth filled with laughter,
and our tongue with singing...
the LORD hath done great things for us;
whereof we are glad.
~Ps 126

ps. I wrote the following Thanksgiving morning and wanted a more permanent place to keep it...

"When I was growing up, my Mom would get up early on Thanksgiving morning. The turkey would have to be in the oven pretty early for us to eat when she wanted, y'know. As soon as I heard her up, I would bundle up in my robe and slippers and pad out to sit at the kitchen table to be with her while she busily prepped the stuffing for the bird. Being a morning person; she was always in such a great mood on holiday mornings - and she loved Thanksgiving! She would put on music and coffee, and there was always some sort of sweet to munch on. We would talk and laugh, and she would share stories until Dad got up to join us...then the laughing would truly start.

I miss my Mom this Thanksgiving morning. But, I'm thankful for what I have; my Dad and Connie, my brother & Matthias, my dear hubby & kiddos and my good, good friends. I love you all - I pray you have a fabulous Thanksgiving."

Comments