August 8, 2010

Ranch Happenings

Today was the Miracle Ranch Open House.  It was a great opportunity to go see Snapshot, and take some snapshots, as well.

Want a cookie?  Chocolate or Molasses?
Snappy demonstrates vaulting.  It's sort of like a cross between gymnastics and yoga on the back of a moving draft horse.  I thought she did pretty good in spite of the fact that she was wearing Cons. She was graceful and beautiful...but, I'm not biased or anything...

Snapshot turns to flash a wonderful smile at her mother.

Is this guy too funny, or what?  I love how they stick out their tongues when they...bleat?  Is that what it's called?  Baaa?  Well, you know what I mean.

The camp garden was lookin' a little forlorn, but these sunflowers were pretty picturesque.

These birds give a new meaning to 'sittin' on the rail'!  They were all just sitting there - cool, eh?

This cute little donkey is named Gus.  Snapshot has been working with him a bit.  When I asked if I should try to pet him, she hesitantly said, "Well, you can give it a try..."  I opted not.


Snappy & Calla Lily love camp!

And, that's what is happening at the Ranch.

4 comments:

Mama Cache said...

This post is just plain fun! Thanks for sharin'!

Ari C'rona said...

Great pics, my friend! Thanks for taking me along! :o)

Stacy Christian said...

Goats and chickens make life seem a lot less serious. I think everybody should have at least one of each.
Thanks for sharing!

Jedi-J said...

I think my back would pinch out if I tried moving on a moving horse LOL.