According to Ben, Luke's uncle feared that Luke "might follow old Obi-Wan on some damn-fool idealistic crusade..."
DFIC. Sound familiar?
I think it should be called the 'Superhero Syndrome'. The symptoms and behaviors should be easy to spot:
- hyper-observant behavior
- overly sensitive to injustice
- heart of compassion for those that are hurting
- protector and/or champion of the under-dog
- discerning of those in need
- avid listener
- responds with "I can help with that" or "I can make that happen"
- skilled in negotiation and diplomacy
- willing to confront, when necessary
- well familiar with all area hospitals
- able to change schedule at a moments notice
So, is there any treatment or solution for DFIC, or the Superhero Syndrome? Sadly, I don't think so. I believe it is passed down through family lines; super to super, y'know? Or perhaps it's something in the blood, such as midichlorians. *shrug*
Thankfully, it's not a wide-spread epidemic, so that is a relief. What would it be like if there were lots of folks running around that were willing and able to serve, guard and help people selflessly? Mayhem, I tell you - sheer chaos, I'm sure.