ps. The Perfect Accommodations
So, hotel owner/managers, in case you ever wondered what travelers (especially those with families) would like to have in hotel accommodations, let me enlighten you!
We stayed in 22 different hotels over the month. I think we have pretty much narrowed down what we would like to see in the perfect accommodations:
- Helpful staff that speaks and understands English fluently
- A good breakfast that offers real food, not just pre-packaged pastries and hotel coffee
- Vending machines - munchies and drinks would be good
- Heated, indoor pools are wonderful!
- Fast, easy internet access; an ethernet cable provided in the room is so convenient
- Air conditioning unit with a control that is easy to understand
- Hairdryer, the newer the better
- Extra towels, blankets and pillows
- Pillow-top mattresses are the best!
- Fitness room with enough room to do yoga, more than one machine is good, too
- A sink/vanity separate from the toilet/shower makes getting ready easier
- A fan in the toilet/shower area is a MUST
- Windows that open make the room so much more comfortable
- Laundry room that is ventilated and bigger than a closet
- Local attraction and restaurant recommendations are helpful
- A room with two double or queen beds for no more than $100/night