Need a little encouragement?

We all face struggles in this life. At the moment we are living through them, they loom large, consuming our every thought.

And we grow weary. At least, I do.

It would seem that some like to contribute to the struggles of others, for whatever reason. I will never understand it and I'm not sure I want to. Adding pain, heartache and sorrow to someone's life is just cruel and unjust...unnecessary. Speaking lies, spreading gossip and stirring strife is sinful, to say the least. It must make them feel powerful, important, perhaps even better about themselves. Like I said, I don't get it.

Fortunately, our Master has some words for those of us that are struggling, persevering against the enemies of our souls. Can these simple words make it easier for us to continue fighting the good fight? I hope so, because when I'm in the downward spiral of despair from months of struggle, it is all I have. It is all any of us has, honestly.

If you are struggling at the moment, let these words of our Sovereign LORD comfort you and know that He knows of your plight and is on your side.

I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
(Jer 31:25)


He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
(Is 40:29)

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
(Matt 11:28)

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
(Ps 119:28)


Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
(Heb 12:3)


Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
(Gal 6:9)


Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
(Is 40:28)


...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
(Is 40:31)


Comments

Ari C'rona said…
Thanks for the reminder, my dear friend. :o)
Jedi-J said…
Just when we are at the end of our rope suddenly more rope appears. Don't give up master...I have a lot of rope left over!
Water Lily said…
Thank you. I needed to hear that today.
Water Lily
Mama Cache said…
What a gathering of promises! My friend, that feels like an emotional washing . . . thanks.