A Date with Tay

photo credit: Morgan Henderson

My oldest daughter, my only daughter, is at camp. Still. 10 weeks doesn't sound like a long time, but it seems like a lifetime.

My son, my oldest son and second in the line-up, is enjoying spending time with his mountain-biking friends, which always seems to include a 'spend the night' event. Two down, one left.

That leaves my Tay. He is almost 11 years old and quite a character. As he gets older, we are quickly realizing that he is the spitting-image of my own father. My mom says that my dad looked just like that when he was that age and then at some point just 'shot up' and was tall and broad-shouldered, just like his father. I can easily see this happening.

Anyway, yesterday, as we dropped off Alex (the bike rider) for his bi-weekly ride with friends, Tay and I had plans; candy-stop, movie and dinner...in that order. So, after the candy run to the local WalMart, which included the obligatory 'movie purse' purchase since my bag was far too small to conceal $1 candy, we were off to see Night at the Museum 2, Battle for the Smithsonian at the $2 theater.

OK, so I'm not a Ben Stiller fan. And the plot left a lot to be desired. But it was funny! There were so many one-liners, funny retorts and just plain ole good character-acting that I was laughing out loud. Absolutely loved the character of the evil Pharaoh...waaay too funny! Oh, and there was a cameo from our favorite bad-guy. (I have to say that I know folks that can act Vader far better than the one in this movie! lol!)



So, after a light-hearted hour and a half of laughing, we headed to Red Robin for the obligatory clucks-and-fries. Great service - how refreshing!

What a fun date with Taylor...oh, and he insisted on paying for my movie admission. Cool!

Comments

Ari C'rona said…
I'm glad you had a great time! I bet he liked being an 'only child' again! :o)
Mama Cache said…
Those are sweet times.

By the way, I think 10 weeks sounds like a long time.
Jedi-J said…
Anything with Star Wars characters in it that is not SW always makes me think the same things that you said here LOL