Photo-of-the-Day: Classic Puget Sound

Yesterday, we had the distinct pleasure of visiting friends in their rented cabin on Puget Sound. We enjoyed the quiet, sunny shoreline as we wandered down the beach looking for crabs, interesting rocks and pocket treasures. It was most certainly classic Puget Sound...

I loved how the rocks looked black from the kelp and white from the barnacles. Pictures never do reality justice, in my view...the contrast was striking.

I think this is my favorite shot of the day; reflections are always fascinating to me. I was amazed at the clarity of the water, too.

This was the view right in front of their cute little cabin; just shimmy down the rocks and you're instantly beach combing!

It just doesn't get anymore Pacific Northwest than this rather hazy shot of Puget Sound, sailboats, houses gathered on the hillside and the snow-capped Olympic Mountains standing guard...glorious!

Comments

Ari C'rona said…
Lovely pics, my friend! It was a nice break from the usual routine. :o)