So glad to be back in business!


I'm back, and faster than ever! Gary is an absolute magic-man, as well as the geekiest computer geek I've ever seen!

Scrubbed of all the insidious nasties and equipped with a new memory board, I'm good to go - woohoo!!!

I had spyware that had attached itself to a very cool cursor that I had to have. Learn from my mistake - do not download very cool cursors from anywhere! Plus, a bug crawled on from an email link that blocked all websites until I purchased their anti-virus software (which I did not do, but did last time this happened to me...ignorance is not such a good thing). Not only that, but somehow it erased all my native anti-virus software's definitions of virus and spyware, so all my scans came up clean...go figure. *smirk* It's all clean now, though.

I also learned of a must-have for Firefox users who love social utilities: Flock. Just google it and do it - both my daughter and I LOVE this web utility that combines all your sites onto one place. It's awesome! (After this, my second, round of infection, I'm gonna try to stay off of Internet Explorer ::sigh::)

So, I'll miss the library. I think I'm good with that!

Comments

Mole said…
Extremely pleased to see you back in your own saddle. Clean and fast . . . great combo.
Anonymous said…
Yay, glad to see you are back in business. I was out for a while when the puppy chewed my power cord to the good laptop. I had to use the cheap one I had gotten for the kids for school work. It was nearly worse than no internet at all.
Ari C'rona said…
I am so glad you're back in business - no more feeling isolated! :o)