Throw a penny in the water...

When I was a kid, I loved to throw a penny in the fountain. Any fountain would do, and I really never knew why folks did that. All I knew was that you were to make a wish; not that the wish would come true, or anything. It was just for fun.

Now, I have noticed that parks and places that have fountains ask that you don't throw pennies in the water. *shrug* So much for wishes, eh? Well, I can make wishes without the penny, I think.

I wish my cat would quit yelling at me.

I wish my darling children would be motivated to do their chores without hounding.

I wish my house would stay cleaner and that the laundry didn't pile up so quickly.

I wish prices were lower - I think that would help most folks out.

I wish I didn't have to go shopping quite so often; I really don't enjoy it like I used to.

I wish gas cost less... doesn't everyone??

I wish some were more considerate of other's feelings.

I wish the grass didn't grow so fast and require so much maintenance.

I wish my kids would chose more foods to eat and not be so picky.

I wish they had never invented television. Or better yet, the idiotic sitcom.

I wish my computer ran faster and that there was no such thing as viruses, spyware or hackers.

I wish travel wasn't so expensive.

I wish that people would really care about each other - sometimes I get so tired of self-centered people.

I wish tragedies didn't occur.

I wish Maschiach would come.

I wish my car got better gas mileage.

I wish my hubby was not so grumpy all the time.

I wish my parents were in better health.

I wish when folks acted like they like someone, they really did.

I wish the cashier at the Safeway store wouldn't try to pronounce everyone's name - it makes us all uncomfortable.

I wish everyone would take responsibility for their actions with no excuses.

I wish I didn't have so many things stealing my time.

I wish I lived closer to so many people.

I wish folks were not so bound by the traditions of men.

I wish more would be honest... I mean really honest.

I wish people would smile more.

I wish men wouldn't use their horns to push folks around on the road.

I wish I owned a speeder... a real one.

OK, well, I'm not done, but that's enough pennies for now.

If wishes were fishes... hmmm... now, how does that go, again?

Comments