Shabbat Sunrise



The G-d of the Universe has painted an incredible picture out my kitchen window this morning.
As the sun was inching it's way towards the horizon, Mt. Rainier was oblivious in it's icy repose. Covered in glaciers and snow, it cared not of the light show sneaking up behind it.

Vivid red, orange, pink and purple stretching into the last hold of the night sky, while a frosty glaze covered everything. The last of the night lights sent twinkles off of the tiny crystals of ice, prettier than any man could create.

A lone bird spread it's wings over the landscape as I took in the painting. I thought of last evening's full moon in it's splendor; a foretaste of this morning's glory, calling us not to miss the show.

Baruch HaShem!

Comments

Mole said…
You're going to have to add more "reactions" to your list, my friend. This is lovely.

It's original post date is a bit chilling for me; I wish I would have known to look here that morning.

Solace.
ki7QFV said…
Poetic you are... in both word and picture. Thank you for this gift.

A niece once asked me... "is that G_d fingerpainting?" while pointing to the constantly changing and vivid colors of the sunset; red, yellow and near purple colors out the car window. I had to smile. "You know... I think you're right! I never thought of it that way..." was my rather stunned response.