The Annual Thanksgiving Blog

OK, so y'all know that Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday. Don't stone me, it's no biggie...I just dislike holidays centered around food, that's all. However, I do appreciate the sentiment of the holiday - giving thanks. I'm not so 'spiritual' about the pilgrims and indians and all that, but giving proper thanks for all the good things that Adonai has given us is important.

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of Your wonderful deeds. (Ps. 9:1)


The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies Me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!" (Ps. 50:23)


Enter His gates with thanksgiving,
and His courts with praise!
Give thanks to Him; bless His Name! (Ps 100:4)


We should all, and I am, thankful for the Torah, my family, friends, shelter, food, clean air & water, health care, transportation, etc., etc. But what about all the little things that we take for granted everyday? Oh sure, we think about them, but do you say "Thank you, LORD, for shampoo"?

I give a hearty thanksgiving for all the mundane things that make my life modern and so much easier...what would we ever do without these things?

pet food so I can keep my cats happy and healthy without much effort

the microwave

engine oil

fingernail clippers

the bra (!!)

really good gel pens

the computer & internet

WalMart (haha!)

mascara that actually stays on my eyelashes and doesn't smear

restaurants & hotels

LipSmacker!

SweetTarts (OK, a weakness!)

George Lucas :-)

coffee creamer in a bazillion different flavors

our GPS, affectionately dubbed Grumpy Karen

cushy toilet paper

my camera

Sharpie pens - I love them all, especially the new ones!

toy companies

hot water heaters

iTunes

my local UPS store and all the excellent staff therein

magnifying lamps, PZKut & my favorite gouges

my dental hygenist

warm, fuzzy socks

my electric blanket!

my Jedi boots - they are so cool!

great parking spots at a crowded store

holding the door open for someone else

toothpaste and mouthwash

good books

spray paint & super glue

eye drops

granulated sugar, salt & pepper

I could go on and on!

I thank HaShem for each and every one of you reading this blog, I thank Him for the ability to have relationships across the miles through this mind-boggling medium we call the internet...don't you?

I pray that everyone have a blessed Thanksgiving, mouth-watering food and cheerful clean-up with the ones you love.

Gobble, gobble!

Comments