Just for the record.

Just wanted to put it down in writing:

1. I believe America is a good place, had well-meaning and wise founders and founding principles.

2. I believe in G-d; I don't tell anyone else how to believe, and do not judge how others choose to worship as long as it doesn't involve persecuting others or beheading anyone.

3. I believe that it is my responsibility to try to be better and a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. I believe the family is sacred. I and my spouse are the ultimate authority under G-d when it comes to my family.

5. I believe that if you break the law, you pay the penalty...no matter who you are.

6. I believe I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but that is not a guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with others that I choose when I choose, should I choose. I believe the government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. I believe that it is not un-American for anyone to disagree with my opinion, but my opinion or others' opinions may be anti-American. Anti-American rhetoric would be anything that is destructive to the Constitution and our country as our founders understood it. (I personally don't have any time for anti-American sentiment...if you don't like America, move.)

9. I believe the government works for me and answers to me, as a voting citizen. I do not answer to the government.

(These nine tenents taken from Glenn Beck, a FoxNews host. To see more, go to http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/21018/)

Comments