All About Me (aka Hey! It's my blog!!)

As part of a letterboxing project, I was required to come up with 100 facts about myself. Being that everyone likes to talk about themselves, I did not find it hard to come up with 100 facts. It was fun, actually! So, I thought it would be interesting to post it here.

Give it a try... it's fun!
1. My full name is Elizabeth Jean Jones Markussen Henderson.
2. I have a few nicknames, but only a select few can call me Lizzie.
3. I was born January 1965; the year that President Johnson signed the Social Security Act into law, establishing Medicare and Medicaid, and the 630-foot-tall Gateway Arch in St. Louis is completed.
4. I used to be able to take Gregg Shorthand at around a 100 words per minute and could type almost as fast.
5. I graduated from Thomas Jefferson High School in 1983; the same year that the compact disc was introduced for recorded music and Dallas was the most popular TV show.
6. I have green eyes, dark blonde hair and am almost 5'6" tall. I will not tell you how much I weigh, but I will say that it is too much. J
7. I like puffins… well, all birds really. I used to have several parrots and a flock of finches for pets.
8. I prefer to live and sleep alone (probably because I never get to).
9. I am a cat person and most cats know this instinctively.
10. I love dogs, but don't want to own one.
11. I love music and cannot live without it.
12. I was gifted with the talent of dance; my mother says I was dancing before I was walking. I was trained in jazz and a little ballet, and currently dance Hebrew/Israel dances on a regular basis with friends.
13. I still have my tonsils, appendix and wisdom teeth.
14. I have had three C-Sections, one of which was an emergency.
15. My youngest son drown when he was 18 months old… and was thankfully revived.
16. I have always wanted to know how to play the piano and violin, but have never had the self-discipline to learn.
17. I was born in Burien, Washington, in a hospital that no longer exists.
18. I have nearly perfect teeth without braces.
19. I was born after many hours of labor for my poor mother and it affected my eyes to such an extent that the doctor wanted to remove one of them. My parents said no to that, and today, I have both my eyes. However, I have had to wear glasses since the age of three. Several years ago, I had Lasik surgery, and no longer wear glasses.
20. I have been to Israel twice and long to return.
21. I toured New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico region after hurricane Katrina.
22. I was at Miss America (in Atlantic City), as part of the Washington State delegation, immediately following 9-11. When we got off the plane in Newark, we could see the smoke plume rising from Manhattan. No, I was not a contestant.
23. I have piercings; two in one ear and one in the other. And no tatoos.
24. I have loved many in my life, and they all hold a special place in my heart.
25. I am Torah observant and (attempt) to keep the Sabbath.
26. I am currently trying to learn Hebrew, however, it's slow going. I have been working on it for about five years now! I am pathetic…
27. I am a night owl and work best in the afternoon/evening.
28. I'm not a fan of television. I dislike listening to the radio because of the commercials.
29. I don't care for Christian pop music, or any pop music, for that matter.
30. My favorite food is Mexican, but I like Asian and Indian, too.
31. I can cook, but would prefer not to. I also dislike potlucks. *grimace*
32. I'd rather clean a toilet than clean the kitchen.
33. I celebrate the biblical feasts.
34. I sang in a large choir for several years and participated in large stage productions.
35. I was the President of my high school Thespians Club.
36. I was never a cheerleader in school, but have fulfilled the task over and over in my adult life.
37. I am a natural leader and administrator (otherwise known as a bossy-butt).
38. I am a total and complete Star Wars geek. I would have made a great Jedi.
39. I never wanted to get married or have children, but I have been married twice and have three beautiful and talented children.
40. I went to community college for one year and earned a 4.0 GPA.
41. I was the secretary to the president for a rental construction equipment company, and have worked in a CPA's office in downtown Seattle. I am definitely a Seattle-ite.
42. I worked for Boeing for several years, and that's how I met my current husband.
43. I shattered my left elbow roller skating when I was 16, and still have some hardware in there from the reconstruction…and a lovely scar.
44. I own a Jedi costume… a real one, not a Halloween costume (I dislike Halloween and do not honor it). I also made my own light saber.
45. I love coffee; my favorite drink would be a "16oz. soy latte (hot) with toffee nut flavor, light on the syrup".
46. I homeschool my children and always have.
47. I sound like my mother on the telephone (and my daughter sounds like me!). I also have (what I call) phone-aphobia… I dislike making phone calls, but don't mind folks calling me.
48. I loved to ride my bicycle as a kid and would ride for miles every day with my brother (who is five years my junior).
49. The beach is in my blood; I spent a good part of my childhood staying on the Washington Coast.
50. My parents were both born in Rat City (White Center, Washington).
51. I am artistic and creative. I have spent time sketching, painting, working with clay, beading and crafting. I was an avid rubber stamper prior to becoming a letterboxer.
52. I have never been into scrap booking.
53. I am a deeply spiritual person.
54. I think that eating is over-rated. Sleep, too.
55. I tend to be an overachiever.
56. I over-analyze things frequently, which can be a good or bad thing.
57. I don't like to watch many movies.
58. I love to go on road trips… it's all about the journey!
59. I love to carve stamps; it my favorite thing about letterboxing.
60. I taught aerobics for several years, when I was in my twenties.
61. I am vegetarian; I was vegan for several years.
62. I am always cold.
63. I don't particularly like to get wet. (see 62!)
64, Definitely shower over bath.
65. Tequila over whiskey (yuck!). I also love (good) champagne and enjoy a nice glass of wine.
66. I do not smoke, but have tried it. It's awful.
67. When listening to a lecture, I hear and understand it better if I am working on a mindless task (such as a word search).
68. I enjoy studying religious theology and the Scriptures.
69. I am the Festival Coordinator for our congregation. I also am in charge of our little Judaica Shop.
70. I drive a non-descript silver Kia Optima which we call "the speeder".
71. I live in a large ranch-style home on 2 acres on the South Hill of Puyallup. I have discovered that the bigger the house, the more to clean. Next home is going to be much smaller!
72. I love sitting down to the Passover seder meal… that means all the work is done!
73. I don't like chocolate (but my husband does!)
74. I don't like sports; either participating in or watching.
75. I like Bill O'Reilly.
76. I taught pre-school Yeshiva in our synagogue. I also worked at a day care (where my mother is the Curriculum Director).
77. I will fight for justice.
78. I don't like sweet potatoes or squash. Bleck.
79. I laugh a lot (sometimes too loudly!); when I was little, my nickname was Giggles.
80. I talk in my sleep and slept with my teddy bear Jo-Jo for many years.
81. Some of my favorite books are by Laura Ingalls-Wilder
82. I am a planner, but flexible…also a problem-solver.
83. I think I can do anything… and that there is always a way. I also believe that you can say anything, as long as you say it the right way.
84. I care deeply for people and am very loyal.
85. I miss my Grandmother.
86. My favorite color is burgundy, but I usually feel most comfortable wearing brown or black.
87. I have spent most of my life bored.
88. I am a photographer; I love taking pictures and think that I have a pretty good eye for composition, etc. No training, though.
89. I enjoy singing and am the 'back-up' for the soprano part in our worship team. I most enjoy singing in Hebrew and leading people in worship.
90. I am a collector of memories and experiences.
91. I went to Beauty School when I was in high school and know how to cut hair.
92. I have worked as a waitress in a Red Robin bar… not for long, though! Not for me!
93. I sold Mary Kay, Weekenders and Shaklee for a bit. Also, not for me!
94. I collect Star Wars books and figures; the figures are proudly displayed in my craft room. I also have two Obi-Wan standees and one of Qui-Gon Jinn… they are awesome!
95. I love going beachcombing and getting beach hair.
96. I like writing, and like to think I'm pretty good at it.
97. I have always been told that I never live up to my potential.
98. I hate secrets and think they can be very destructive.
99. I like to get gifts, but would rather just spend time.
100. I don't mind sharing myself with others.

I have included my personality profile, just for fun. To find yours, go to http://www.personalitypage.com/portraits.html
It absolutely amazes me how accurate this one is (for me). Most personality profiles kind of get some right, some not - but this one is right on the button.

The Protector:
As an INFJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in primarily via intuition. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit with your personal value system.

INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.

INFJs place great importance on havings things orderly and systematic in their outer world. They put a lot of energy into identifying the best system for getting things done, and constantly define and re-define the priorities in their lives. On the other hand, INFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds, and may result in the INFJ not being as organized as other Judging types tend to be. Or we may see some signs of disarray in an otherwise orderly tendency, such as a consistently messy desk.

INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. As an extreme example, some INFJs report experiences of a psychic nature, such as getting strong feelings about there being a problem with a loved one, and discovering later that they were in a car accident. This is the sort of thing that other types may scorn and scoff at, and the INFJ themself does not really understand their intuition at a level which can be verbalized. Consequently, most INFJs are protective of their inner selves, sharing only what they choose to share when they choose to share it. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress.

Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right. On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They believe in constant growth, and don't often take time to revel in their accomplishments. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right. In deference to the Feeling aspect of their personalities, INFJs are in some ways gentle and easy going. Conversely, they have very high expectations of themselves, and frequently of their families. They don't believe in compromising their ideals.

INFJ is a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective. They make loving parents and usually have strong bonds with their offspring. They have high expectations of their children, and push them to be the best that they can be. This can sometimes manifest itself in the INFJ being hard-nosed and stubborn. But generally, children of an INFJ get devoted and sincere parental guidance, combined with deep caring.
In the workplace, the INFJ usually shows up in areas where they can be creative and somewhat independent. They have a natural affinity for art, and many excel in the sciences, where they make use of their intuition. INFJs can also be found in service-oriented professions. They are not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks. The INFJ will either avoid such things, or else go to the other extreme and become enveloped in the details to the extent that they can no longer see the big picture. An INFJ who has gone the route of becoming meticulous about details may be highly critical of other individuals who are not.

The INFJ individual is gifted in ways that other types are not. Life is not necessarily easy for the INFJ, but they are capable of great depth of feeling and personal achievement.

Comments