Arrived in Ogden (SLC) with enough time to enjoy a little 'Rooster' and the pool. Unfortunately, there are two tour buses and a family reunion booked into our hotel, so the amenities are a little stretched. Let's hope the tours leave early tomorrow so there isn't a long line at the waffle maker!
|before leaving Boise, we stopped to snap some pics of the LDS Temple there - so serene & beautiful!|
|then it was off to a recommended stop at Malad Gorge - wow!|
|lunch stop at Chili's in Twin Falls...blackberry tea for very dehydrated travelers!|
|next was the must see Golden Spike Historic Site|
|and the ATK Rocket display - so very cool despite the heat|
|and last, but not least, a special dinner at the Rooster Brewery in historic Ogden - we are finally in Utah!|
- only 5 puns today (guess we used 'em all up yesterday!)
- $4.64/gallon gas price at the only gas station in middle-of-nowhere, ID, along I-84
- 3 LDS temples spotted
- 1 detour to get back to the freeway
- oops! one herd of cows in the wheat field!
- highest point: 5,530 ft on Sweetzer Summit
- 3 crossings of the Snake River
- high temp: 89*...and man, it was dry!
- 3 waterfalls photographed
- 2 young golden eagles observed - incredible!
- 1 flag-folding lesson for Tay at the Golden Spike Park
- 1 $10 Nat'l Park Pass purchased
- another bunny playing cars, also a winner
- 2 uber-cool hat pins added to the collection